Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy 2013!

Dear friends out there in the big world!

How did you celebrate New Year's Eve?
How did you start the new year?
Did you make any resolutions?

I promised my friend a year ago (December 31, 2011) to spend this night with her.
So she came to "visit" in the afternoon or better said to play my stylist. She brought me some of her clothes (I  dislike to try on clothes.. probably this is the reason for hating shopping.) and after trying them on we chose one of her knit tunic and she began to curl my perfectly straight hair. After her "masterpiece" was done we left to a town about 1.5 hours away (with public transportation) from my apartment.
We picked up a friend and headed with her straight into her church.

The church service was about to start.
My friend didn't feel well during the service so we left the meeting room. She almost passed out so for a while I played the nurse.

After the service the party began.
Young people from this and 3-4 other churches came to praise the Lord with singing for the last time that year. After a short message was given, we were praying together, giving thanks for His blessings in the old year and asking Him for guidance in the new year.
At midnight we clinked with champagne wishing everyone a blessed new year. After ca. an hour which we spent with eating and getting to know each other, teams were formed and we played together against each other. Time flew fast!!
And the funny thing is, that I enjoyed myself better than last year.

At 10 am the church service started.
It was nice to see the familiar faces again. But how tired everyone looked! :) (I slept for about 45 minutes.)
The motto was to live for Christ in the new year!
So trust God just like you did before!
He wants to be your best friend and your savior! He gives you grace and strength.
He wants to form you into the likeness of Christ.
Look at Christ, in Him there's life and future!

And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. 
(Hebrews 12:1b-2a)

***

When I came home, my parents were watching the New Year's Concert live from Vienna, Austria. Surprisingly I arrived just a little later than I used to come home from church. It was so nice that they patiently were waiting for me, though we agreed to not wait for me with lunch. But they were.

So as the clock ticks I become more tired and tired... but I have to be strong and wait until bedtime. Tomorrow I start at 7! Please pray for me that I won't fall asleep at my desk tomorrow!  

No comments:

Post a Comment