Thursday, December 1, 2011

The countdown has begun...

On the first day of December the countdown of the days begins in the whole big world. Also in my room.
I can't remember when I got my last advent calender (this one was hanging on my wall and there was one mini chocolate bar in every pocket from yummy "Celebrations" - like Mars, Snickers, Milky Way, Bounty, Dove...), maybe when I was 19 turning soon 20 and was working in Germany. Who knows... I don't.

I know my favorite one (I don't like those with "milk chocolate" that has nothing to do with real chocolate at all!!) I got when I attended kindergarten and that one was a picture of a wooden house standing in the snow, having pine trees in the garden with children playing. When you opened a window - it could be one of those pine trees (and you could see how one of the children is putting up the Christmas lights), puddle / ice (with a kid skating on it), a sledge (with two little one sitting on it), the attic window (with the many presents wrapped in beautiful papers), the big window of the living room (of course this was #24 - a Bethlehem scene). I wish I knew where it is.... Probably my sister still has hers! :) I just called her.. Well she can remember at least... but has no idea if we / she still have / has it / them. Hers could be on the bottom of a box in the attic. 

The bottom line is that my parents bought advent calenders for their two youngest grandchildren (ages 7 and 4) and also for me. I guess they missed me too much during my Bible school years and missed having "children" around. Since I'm the baby in the family I got one this year too.

This year's calender w/ "chocolate"

No comments:

Post a Comment