Saturday, November 12, 2011

Compassion

According to the free dictionary, compassion is a feeling of distress and pity for the suffering or misfortune of another, often including the desire to alleviate it. 

"Everyone needs compassion,
a love that's never failing..."
Reuben Morgan: Mighty To Save

I don't know if you have ever heard about the organization Compassion. Releasing children from proverty in Jesus' name. My first time to hear about it was about a week ago when I read a guest post on one of the blogs I follow. But since then I saw a video with CCB, read tweets and am following the posts of Ann Voskamp as she travels in Ecuador with Compassion. The stories I read are sometimes uplifting, sometimes sad but so moving (just read this one about Jonathan - a fifteen years old boy whose mother left him and father avoids encounters with his own son!) and felt the urge to join them.
I can't wait to earn money and be able to sponsor a child!
Would you pray for these children in need?
Would you sponsor a child?
‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’ (Matthew 25:40b)



No comments:

Post a Comment