Friday, November 4, 2011

1 John week #7

I can't believe week No. 7 is over!
This week we read 1 John 3:11-24.

Monday's application for me was to love even if I don't feel like or it's just hard. I knew my sister and her family would come over to celebrate her baby's 4th birthday. My relationship with my sister could be way much better... My parents just came home at the weekend and I wanted to spend a little time with them before my sister and the family would "attack" us. I didn't want to have them here so soon! I guess my attitude was bad. I asked God to change it and to help me to show His love toward them. He listened to my prayer wonderfully and gave us opportunity to talk and laugh together - to have a mother-sisters share time while washing up. There wasn't a problem with the boys either so it was really a pleasant day with the family. And it's amazing to realize that God gives so much more than you've asked for!

Wednesday... oh how I loved this passage! I just couldn't have enough of it and I read it again and again and again. When I read verse 16 "This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers and sisters." - it made me think of a song. I don't know if you know this, I don't like this musical style, but I love this song, because it's about HIM. It's Jaeson Ma's Love.



When I read verse 18 "Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth." - my study partner's old facebook status came into my mind. "I'm sorry, did you say something? I couldn't hear you over your actions."
This study repeatedly was a good reminder that I always need to walk the talk. During my prayer God revealed that I'm not as good as I think I am and I don't always walk the talk - especially when people don't see me and it can be my secret alone. Disappointing...

No comments:

Post a Comment