Thursday, September 22, 2011

When dreams don't come true

Do you remember me saying that I had a job? That I believe this job would be "God's solution for the intermediate time"? Actually it's not true anymore.
Yesterday I got a phonecall from my boss. I thought he called me to ask how I was doing and to talk about the details like when I should go in to sign the contract or / and when I could move into my new room / little appartment and which room will be mine at all.
Somehow his voice seemed to be sad and I thought that I couldn't stay where I wanted I needed to look for an apartment in the village. But it wasn't what he told me.
When we were talking for the last time it was his last day before going on vacation. And when he got back changes have already occured. He was shifted into a new position and he wouldn't have been my boss any more. The other thing is what I think he heard for the first time on that very day (so on Wednesday) in staff meeting that they stop hiring people and use more volunteers... which means that without a contract I'm not officially hired I haven't started to work there (I'd asked them for this extra month otherwise I'd have been working there for three weeks!!) so I'm "fired". Can you imagine it? Fired before you'd start working?

I believe what is written in Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." and in Isaiah 55:9 "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts." are true. It could be just a trial during it I need to trust God more.
Please pray for me when the Lord makes you think of me. Pray that I can finish my two thesis (now I got tons of time for doing it, but I need my teachers to work with me) and that God'll provide us everything. Thank you for your prayers.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to read this! Keep trusting in the Lord - He will take care of you!

    ReplyDelete