Friday, May 13, 2011

The last day

The time has come, the American team has to go home... How sad! Though kids' club isn't my ministry I asked Jill if she needed one more translator for the afternoon. Actually she didn't but she told me that I could come! I knew that the MR team was going to do the program and that this would be the closing meeting of the club for this year but I really wanted to be a part of it. They also came on Monday to my Bible club and though they principally just observed us, we played "knots" and sang How Great Is Our God with them at the beginning.
Anyway I really wanted to serve and to spend time with them together.
We arrived about half an hour earlier than the kids and we used our time to pray for this whole event: for the kids and the team. We began with some games like "straddle-tig" and "4 corners" then we "danced" to my favorite icebreaker this time with Stu and along with Timothy's leading on the guitar we sang All Because Of Jesus. Then the team performed a little skit based on Jesus' parabel "The Good Samaritan" and Adam shared the Gospel. The raised hands showed that also decisions were made. :)
After the serious part we had fun again with cookies, cakes, biscuits, soda / pop and juice, and of course the balloon- and painted animals / flowers. I also got a flower from Amanda. :)
After this ministry I was asked to meet one of our IT members to record a video for the scholarship fund - more about this later!
At 8 o'clock the campfire began. I couldn't go on time, but when I arrived they were singing worship songs. When I sat down they began to share how God provided them this missions trip and how blessed this whole week was. It was so encouraging to hear them! We serve an Almighty God! I think at least fifteen ot twenty people shared his personal story and testimony before Timothy closed the evening with a prayer. I'm sure that God will use these guys and girls for His glory!

W/ Emily & Amanda

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

ALL BECAUSE OF JESUS

Giver of every breath I breathe
Author of all eternity
Giver of every perfect thing
To You be the glory

Maker of Heaven and of earth
No one can comprehend Your worth
King over all the universe
To You be the glory

And I am alive because I'm alive in You

And it's all because of Jesus I'm alive
It's all because the blood of Jesus Christ
It covers me and raised this dead man's life
It's all because of Jesus I'm alive, I'm alive, I'm alive

Giver of every breath I breathe
Author of all eternity
Giver of every perfect thing
To You be the glory

Maker of Heaven and of earth
No one can comprehend Your worth
King over all the universe
To You be the glory

And I am alive because I'm alive in You

And it's all because of Jesus I'm alive
And it's all because the blood of Jesus Christ
It covers me and raised this dead man's life
It's all because of Jesus

Every sunrise sings Your praise
The universe cries out Your praise
Singing freedom all my days
Now that I'm alive

And it's all because of Jesus I'm alive
It's all because the blood of Jesus Christ
It covers me and raised this dead man's life
It's all because of Jesus

And it's all because of Jesus I'm alive
It's all because the blood of Jesus Christ
It covers me and raised this dead man's life
It's all because of Jesus

It's all because of Jesus I'm alive
It's all because the blood of Jesus Christ
It covers me and raised this dead man's life
It's all because of Jesus

I'm alive, I'm alive
I'm alive, because of Jesus
I'm alive, I'm alive



No comments:

Post a Comment