Monday, January 24, 2011

For The Least of These

"I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me." (Matthew 25:40)
With the Mahairas' and two rommates
January 21-23rd we had the annual Missions Conference. The emphasis was on reaching lost people with the Gospel living on the streets. With the Faith Promise Offering we support the Lees' ministry in Romania. Originally our goal was to raise $8,000 to send 30 of these kids to a summer Bible camp. I think God touched our hearts because we promised 202%! It's truly amazing!
For me the highlight was the Sunday afternoon-meeting. And not just because I had a chance to act on the stage but because I rededicated my life for missions. Last year I told God "You can lead me wherever You want to" but this year I also saw the need for urban missions.
Before the dedication we performed our little skit 'Who will fill our shoes?' We personalized famous missionaries (like Apostle Paul, William Carey, Adoniram Judson, Rachael Saint and WOL Hungary missionaries Alex & Pam Konya), told a little bit about them and invited our audience for following "us" missionaries.
Here is a picture of some of us in the dress rehearsal with our guest teacher Richard J. Sharp (Ephesians):

Paul, William, Mr. Sharp, Pam & Adoniram

No comments:

Post a Comment