Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Breaking Hearts

Last week I had to go to the cardiology several times. I got an ABMP device for measuring my blood pressure and pulse 24 hours long. But the first one didn't work. It's pretty annoying, because it measures in every 15 minutes from 6 am to 10 pm and in every 30 minutes from 10 pm to 6 am. When it measures you're not allowed to move because it can't measure but it pumps up and up and up and sometimes (I couldn't stand still on the zebra crossing!!) you feel like your arm would break off, the color of your hands and fingers turn more into fuchsia, almost black.. it really can hurt! I also went with the device to shop for Christmas (I bought books about horses for both of my godchildren) and I stood at the checkout and it began to measure... I just stood there, tried to breathe calmly and after it was over I had to tell the cashier, why it took so much time to pay for the books.. Unfortunately the batteries went flat so the measuring needed to be repeated.
I was told to buy new batteries to play it safe and go back on the next morning. So I went back, got a new device and the "game" started again. I had high blood pressure several times in the afternoon - 169/97 was the highest (both the highest systolic and diastolic rate) with 140 heartbeatings in a minute.
I thought I couldn't sleep at all, but the measurings bear the record, that I was sleeping at least one hour long. At the measuring at 4 and 6 am I was awake, but not from 4:30-5:30. I was k.o. on the next day and I think by right.
I had to go back to my favorite cardiologist today and he said that I'm totally healthy. Mostly I have higher blood pressure and quick pulse just sometimes in a day according to my nervousness. When I panic or somebody drives me crazy I have these symptomes. And since I'm continuously nerves because of my studies, I need to take beta-blockers and tranquilizer - to help my body not to freak out.
One of the beta-blockers I got is heartshaped, but it contents too many medicine for me (since I'm not sick), so I need only the half a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment