Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Update #4

I got sick yesterday night. I was in bed at 8:25 pm because I was very sleepy. But I couldn't fall asleep. I thought my heart would explode, I had headache and my head was as hot as I would have had high fever... I was lying in the bed hours long without being able to sleep.
I went into the kitchen around 10:30 pm to measure my blood pressure. (Since Dad had a heart attack last year, we have a gauge at home, he has to measure his blood pressure 3 times a day.) You have to know about me that my bp was like it's written in Mom's anatomy book (120/70 mmHg & 72 heartbeats in a minute.) But this time it was 142/67 mmHg and 99 beats... shortly before falling asleep.
I woke Daddy up, but he didn't give me anything and told me to go back to bed... I don't know how long I was awake after that.. I remember look upon the watch at 11:25 pm. 

Today I went to the cardiology. They wanted to measure my blood pressure and do an EKG, but my bp was 150/102 mmHg with 110 beats so the cardiologist also did a heart-ultrasound. My heart should be ok (normal size also my heart valves should function ok) and she hopes that my high blood pressure was just the momentary state. She thought that my thyroid was overactive because it can cause high puls, so I have to go to the GP to get a prescription to the lab.

And I have to go back on November 16 and I'll get a Holter = so my heart will be monitoring 24 hours long. 

No comments:

Post a Comment